Are you longing for a ship ... ???
Send a question in a bottle to the harbour!
- Imagine you are standing on a ship's deck
- Think about a question that you want to ask someone or a message you want to send
- Everybody who leaves a contact information will receive a personal answer
Post Scriptum: All postal dialogues can be followed – public viewing on Postal Bottle Cruise!
(no personal data will be published)
The Postal Bottle Service is active:
• Wherever you meet Miss A. Ship in her mobile Postal Bottle Service Station, by coincidence or check wo & wann.
• A permanent Postal Bottle Box has been installed at the Public Library of Salzburg (Stadt:Bibliothek Salzburg), opening date was March 22, 2019. Messages in a Bottle can be deposited during the opening hours:
Monday, Thursday, Friday 10 - 18 // Tuesday, Wednesday 15 - 19 // Saturday 10 - 15
• Another permanent Postal Bottle Box has opened at the Hoheluftschiff Hamburg, since February 2020. Messages in a Bottle can be deposited during the opening hours: see Calendar / Theater Zeppelin.
what has happened until now:
• The Postal Bottle Office was originally active from July 26 - September 23 - 2018, in Salzburg and Hamburg, with a personal delivering service by Miss A. Ship.
All questions in a bottle had been transported to Hamburg harbour on the 27th of August and were being answered by customers and probands of the Ship Longing Research Centre, installed by ELBFEST.HAMBURG.
All answers in a bottle were then brought back to Salzburg and delivered to the senders *.
• Since the inauguration of the Postal Bottle Office Salzburg several temporary offices have opened in various places: Theater Zeppelin Hamburg (Sept. 2019), Neumarkt / Egna, Italy (Sept.2019), ...
• The second steady Postal Bottle Office has opened in Hamburg on a theatre ship in January 2020,
unfortunately shut down immediately and still in difficult conditions during 2021.
• A temporary Postal Bottle Office opens in September 2020 (9. - 26.) in Obertrum an der See.
• After a long pandemic break back into office on October 2 - 2021, supported by Salzburg AG, official water supplies of the city of Salzburg, for the Long Night of Museums.
• A new format is born: The Postal Bottle Reading 2022. On Sept 9 in Salzburg, and on Sept 17/18 at Hamburg Port Anniversary at the Hafenmuseum/Schuppen50A
• Embedded in the theme of 2023
»Sehnsucht ist ...« the Postal Bottle Office opens in Hamburg and Salzburg: Jan 7 - 29 at Zentralbibliothek Hamburg; March 23 - 26 at
Schwankstelle Salzburg; April 1 - 14 at Bücherhalle Bergedorf, Hamburg. Final reading of chosen dialogues on
April 15 at Zentralbibliothek HH.